Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2005/05/12 13:00:00 UTC

[vote] release Maven 2.0 alpha 2, and plugins

Hi there,

This is a vote to release Maven 2.0 alpha 2 and all plugins in SVN (+
Ant, Eclipse and Source plugins which I'll be importing shortly) on
Friday 13, 2005. Plugins will be versioned 2.0-alpha-X from this release
where their names clash with an m1 plugin.

The only issues remaining in JIRA pertain to plugins and documentation,
and will be done before the release. They won't affect the stability of
the assembly.

Note that although all plugins are now released independantly (there is
nothing in the assembly tying it to particular versions any more), they
must all be released using alpha-2 as the Mojo API is no longer
compatible with alpha-1 (though it is now final and will remain
backwards compatible going forward).

This vote will last until we have a majority (4) from the PMC members,
though committers and community members are encouraged to vote also.

=======================
[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1   (with reason)

Re: [vote] release Maven 2.0 alpha 2, and plugins

Posted by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 i wait it ;-)
and thank for the m2 site plugin

Nicolas

Re: [vote] release Maven 2.0 alpha 2, and plugins

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Thu, 12 May 2005, Trygve [ISO-8859-1] Laugst�l wrote:

+1 (about time :))

> +1
>
> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 21:00 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > This is a vote to release Maven 2.0 alpha 2 and all plugins in SVN (+
> > Ant, Eclipse and Source plugins which I'll be importing shortly) on
> > Friday 13, 2005. Plugins will be versioned 2.0-alpha-X from this release
> > where their names clash with an m1 plugin.
> >
> > The only issues remaining in JIRA pertain to plugins and documentation,
> > and will be done before the release. They won't affect the stability of
> > the assembly.
> >
> > Note that although all plugins are now released independantly (there is
> > nothing in the assembly tying it to particular versions any more), they
> > must all be released using alpha-2 as the Mojo API is no longer
> > compatible with alpha-1 (though it is now final and will remain
> > backwards compatible going forward).
> >
> > This vote will last until we have a majority (4) from the PMC members,
> > though committers and community members are encouraged to vote also.
> >
> > =======================
> > [ ] +1
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1   (with reason)

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

Re: [vote] release Maven 2.0 alpha 2, and plugins

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.
+1

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Re: [vote] release Maven 2.0 alpha 2, and plugins

Posted by David Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
+1

Glad to hear the Mojo API is now stable and ready for use!

Eric

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 21:00 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This is a vote to release Maven 2.0 alpha 2 and all plugins in SVN (+
> Ant, Eclipse and Source plugins which I'll be importing shortly) on
> Friday 13, 2005. Plugins will be versioned 2.0-alpha-X from this release
> where their names clash with an m1 plugin.
>
> The only issues remaining in JIRA pertain to plugins and documentation,
> and will be done before the release. They won't affect the stability of
> the assembly.
>
> Note that although all plugins are now released independantly (there is
> nothing in the assembly tying it to particular versions any more), they
> must all be released using alpha-2 as the Mojo API is no longer
> compatible with alpha-1 (though it is now final and will remain
> backwards compatible going forward).
>
> This vote will last until we have a majority (4) from the PMC members,
> though committers and community members are encouraged to vote also.
>
> =======================
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1   (with reason)

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Re: [vote] release Maven 2.0 alpha 2, and plugins

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@gmail.com>.