Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Sahuc <ss...@imediation.com> on 2000/08/29 11:40:20 UTC

[C2] Xalan problem in multi threaded environment

I know cocoon 2 is not yet a production environment, but I came into
threading problem with Xalan. Indeed I have a 3-framed page which is
generated from applying the same XSL sheet at almost the same time, and
while the 1 page shows up well, the surrounding ones show Xalan exception
complaining that the 'root Node cannot exists twice'

As I fell more confortable with the XT processor, I wrote a XT
transformer that works fine in multi threaded environment. If anyone is
interested I'll be glad to send it over.

All the best,

Sebastien

PS: There were threads discuting about integrating third party product or
extension. Does the XT transformer fall into this category ? Indeed it
would be nice to reproduce the Ant's optional package system : it checks
if some classes (for exemple junit classes) are available in the
classpath, and if so it compiles the related optional classes (Junit tasks).