Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by v4r4n <co...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/22 23:13:39 UTC

Known 'svn ls' bug?

I just copied a file and removed the original (a rename by hand).

I typed 'svn status' to confirm what I'd just done:

D      foo_old_name.c
A  +   foo_new_name.c

Then I randomly typed 'svn ls' and noticed that my newly copied file
was not listed, but the old one was still there.

Also, normal cmd 'ls' just shows the new renamed copy and not the old
deleted file.

It isn't that big of a deal, just making sure this is a known issue
since people to rely on 'svn ls' might freak out.

I'm using svn, version 1.1.1 (r11581) compiled Oct 25 2004, 13:38:36.

Re: Known 'svn ls' bug?

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
v4r4n <co...@gmail.com> writes:
> I just copied a file and removed the original (a rename by hand).
>
> I typed 'svn status' to confirm what I'd just done:
>
> D      foo_old_name.c
> A  +   foo_new_name.c
>
> Then I randomly typed 'svn ls' and noticed that my newly copied file
> was not listed, but the old one was still there.

That's surprising...

> Also, normal cmd 'ls' just shows the new renamed copy and not the old
> deleted file.
>
> It isn't that big of a deal, just making sure this is a known issue
> since people to rely on 'svn ls' might freak out.
>
> I'm using svn, version 1.1.1 (r11581) compiled Oct 25 2004, 13:38:36.

Can you show us a full transcript?  For example, include the output of
your 'svn ls'.  (Well, a reproduction recipe from the very beginning
would be best, starting with 'svnadmin create', if you have time to
construct one.)

Thank you,
-Karl

Re: Known 'svn ls' bug?

Posted by v4r4n <co...@gmail.com>.
It was more like:

[sussman@BenBook:~/scratch/wc]$ svn copy search.txt new.txt
A         new.txt
[sussman@BenBook:~/scratch/wc]$ svn rm search.txt
D         search.txt
[sussman@BenBook:~/scratch/wc]$ svn st
D      search.txt
A  +   new.txt
[sussman@BenBook:~/scratch/wc]$ svn ls
DUTCH
foo/
medievia_commands
parental_history
proofbypoem
search.txt
slouch.z5
slouch1
westcoast.jpg

But a move is supposed to be a copy/delete, so the results are not
surprisingly the same.

Just making sure it was known.  I don't really use 'svn ls', but it is
there to be used.

OT: The Game (was: Known 'svn ls' bug?)

Posted by Mark <ma...@msdhub.com>.
You don't happen to have a character in 21 do you?

Though, honestly, I'm playing less now that world of warcraft is out...

Mark