Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Naveen.A.N" <an...@searchblox.com> on 2015/09/23 04:27:22 UTC

Require signature with LDAP

Hi,

When i try to connect an LDAP server it gives me this error

*Threw exception: 'Naming error: [LDAP: error code 8 - 00002028: LdapErr:
DSID-0C090202, comment: The server requires binds to turn on integrity
checking if SSL\TLS are not already active on the connection, data 0,
v2580&#0;]'*

When i try to use the ldp.exe and try everything was working fine. I found
that if a server uses Required signature in LDAP server it cause this
issue. Is there any way to fix this?

Is there a way to query the secured port?
--
Thanks and Regards,
Naveen A.N

Re: Require signature with LDAP

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naveen,

I've created a branch, branches/CONNECTORS-1244, that has a significantly
modified LDAP authority in it.

This LDAP authority supports four different protocols: plain LDAP, LDAP
with ssl, LDAP with tls, and LDAP with both ssl and tls.  Please check out
the branch and exercise it in your environment.  If you use any of the new
protocols, you will also need to add appropriate x509 certificates to the
connection's trust store in order for them to not fail.

I'd like to integrate this back to trunk as soon as possible, so please let
me know how things are going, and also which protocol you wound up using.

Thanks,
Karl

Posted by "Naveen.A.N" <an...@searchblox.com>.

--