Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lawrence Lim <La...@enbridge.com> on 2018/02/23 15:26:04 UTC

RE: [External] RE: Tomcat 8.5.23

I installed tomcat via untar, something tar -zxf apache-tomcat-8.5.23.tar.gz.

I am running Java 8 and no security manager I know of.

I already did a chmod 777 in the tomcat directory.

Regards,

Lawrence Lim
Software Developer
—

ENBRIDGE
TEL: 780-969-6208
10175 101 St NW,  Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0H3

enbridge.com
Integrity. Safety. Respect.

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: [External] RE: Tomcat 8.5.23

Posted by Lawrence Lim <La...@enbridge.com>.
Our company's standard is Java 8. That's the main reason for choosing Tomcat 8 over the latest. I configured all the users and privileges in the tomcat manager xml file manually using a text editor right after I unpack tomcat 8.

I have looked at all the tomcat log files and it seems like it's logging when I undeploy but not logging anything when I deploy.

Regards,

Lawrence Lim
Software Developer
—

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am Freitag, den 23.02.2018, 15:26 +0000 schrieb Lawrence Lim:
> I installed tomcat via untar, something tar -zxf apache-tomcat-
> 8.5.23.tar.gz.

Any reason for not using the latest available tomcat?

> I am running Java 8 and no security manager I know of.

OK