Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@Covalent.NET> on 1998/11/29 18:11:36 UTC

Unified configuration file

I have changes that I could probably commit later today that would
unify the config file. Is there support or strong opposition to this
change? I'd really like to see us start providing a single config file
for new installs.

-Randy

Re: Unified configuration file

Posted by Randy Terbush <ra...@Covalent.NET>.
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> writes:
> Ben Laurie wrote:
> >
> > I thought we'd agreed this ages ago?
>
> And I thought it was already done?

The APACI configuration install still installs all three. Thus mine
and others confusion. I have a patch that I am going to submit shortly
that changes this and a few other things discussed recently regarding
the APACI config.

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

--
#ken	P-)}

Re: Unified configuration file

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Randy Terbush wrote:

> I have changes that I could probably commit later today that would
> unify the config file. Is there support or strong opposition to this
> change? I'd really like to see us start providing a single config file
> for new installs.

I thought we'd agreed this ages ago?

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: Unified configuration file

Posted by Paul Sutton <pa...@c2.net>.
On 29 Nov 1998, Randy Terbush wrote:
> I have changes that I could probably commit later today that would
> unify the config file. Is there support or strong opposition to this
> change? I'd really like to see us start providing a single config file
> for new installs.

You mean get rid of the stub srm.conf-dist and access.conf-dist files?
It might be worth keeping them in the short term as a reminder to people
that they should use httpd.conf only, but in the longer term then yes I
agree 100% there is no need for the three files.

Paul