Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jostein Elvaker Haande <je...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/10 21:32:49 UTC

Get transaction count from ZooKeeper transaction logs

 Hello,

I'm trying to find an effective way to find the number of transactions
stored in the ZooKeeper transaction logs. The only method I've found so far
is by using the Java class 'org.apache.zookeeper.server.LogFormatter' which
outputs the following after it has formatted a log file:

  EOF reached after 203 txns.

Now I could of course make a script to process each log file through this
log formatter, and extract the count from the last line of stdout, but I'm
wondering if there's an easier method.

I've read through the ZK documentation, and tried the ZK commands (aka The
Four Letter Words) to see if any of these offer this metric, but I could
not see it.

So my question is - is there a simpler approach to find this count?

--
Yours sincerely Jostein Elvaker Haande
"A free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular"

http://tolecnal.net -- tolecnal at tolecnal dot net

Re: Get transaction count from ZooKeeper transaction logs

Posted by Jostein Elvaker Haande <je...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 at 02:48, Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 7/10/2018 3:32 PM, Jostein Elvaker Haande wrote:
> > I'm trying to find an effective way to find the number of transactions
> You have detailed questions about the inner workings of ZooKeeper.  This
> is not a ZooKeeper mailing list.  It is a Solr mailing list.  The
> ZooKeeper project has its own support resources.  That project is going
> to be in a far better position to have access to the information that
> you need.

Thanks Shawn, I've redirect my question to this mailing list.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 7/10/2018 3:32 PM, Jostein Elvaker Haande wrote:
> I'm trying to find an effective way to find the number of transactions
> stored in the ZooKeeper transaction logs. The only method I've found so far
> is by using the Java class 'org.apache.zookeeper.server.LogFormatter' which
> outputs the following after it has formatted a log file:
>
>    EOF reached after 203 txns.
>
> Now I could of course make a script to process each log file through this
> log formatter, and extract the count from the last line of stdout, but I'm
> wondering if there's an easier method.
>
> I've read through the ZK documentation, and tried the ZK commands (aka The
> Four Letter Words) to see if any of these offer this metric, but I could
> not see it.

You have detailed questions about the inner workings of ZooKeeper.  This
is not a ZooKeeper mailing list.  It is a Solr mailing list.  The
ZooKeeper project has its own support resources.  That project is going
to be in a far better position to have access to the information that
you need.

http://zookeeper.apache.org/lists.html
http://zookeeper.apache.org/irc.html

Thanks,