Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com> on 2010/08/11 01:53:32 UTC

August Board Report

I've just posted the August report to
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2010 (reproduced below). Please
let me know if there's anything I've missed or that needs changing
(it's due in tomorrow).

Thanks,
Tom

Whirr provides code for running a variety of software services on
cloud infrastructure.

Whirr was accepted into the incubator on 11 May 2010. Status
information is available at
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/whirr.html.

Progress since the last report: We continue to get contributions from
outside the initial committer base. More work has been done to add
Whirr infrastructure (Hudson). We did not do a release this month as
planned (we have been held up on upgrading to the latest jclouds
release, amongst other things), but we plan to cut a release in the
next period.

Plans for the next period:

 * Do an initial 0.1.0 release.
 * Set up the website.

Top three items to resolve before graduation:

 * Increase community involvement in the project
 * Make several incubating releases
 * Support at least three services on Whirr

Re: August Board Report

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
+1, thanks Tom.

Patrick