Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Sean Kroah <se...@wirex.com> on 2001/02/06 21:10:34 UTC

Port to Perl

Does anyone know of a port of log4j to perl? I searched the archives and
found nothing. I asked the perl guys and they told me to use
sys::syslog, which is obviously not going to cut it after using log4j
:).

Thanks,

Sean Kroah

Re: Port to Perl

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <cg...@qos.ch>.
Sean,

I am not aware of any Perl port of log4j. I had built a logging library for Perl 4 about 7 years ago but it doesn't even remotely resemble log4j. Actually, it was my Perl experience that convinced me of the importance of a proper logging library.... Ceki

ps: If you find anything let us know.

At 12:10 06.02.2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a port of log4j to perl? I searched the archives and
>found nothing. I asked the perl guys and they told me to use
>sys::syslog, which is obviously not going to cut it after using log4j
>:).
>
>Thanks,
>
>Sean Kroah

----
Ceki Gülcü           e-mail: cgu@qos.ch (preferred)
av. de Rumine 5              ceki_gulcu@yahoo.com
CH-1005 Lausanne
Switzerland            Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15