Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by saiks <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/14 23:30:15 UTC

Changing "configSetBaseDir" leads to, Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath error while creating core

Hi All,

I have a core "core1" created with custom config
{solr.solr.home}/configsets/custom_config

I changed configSetBaseDir to a different directory in solr.xml and copied
the folders over to the new dir and deleted the old configs
<str
name="configSetBaseDir">${configSetBaseDir:/xxx/Desktop/changed-configset}</str>

Now, if I restart Solr, core1 has no problems it is reading solrConfig.xml
and schema.xml from the new configset dir.

But, if I try to create a new core using custom configset, it gives an error
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=core2&configset=custom_config

<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">400</int>
<int name="QTime">3</int>
</lst>
<lst name="error">
<lst name="metadata">
<str name="error-class">org.apache.solr.common.SolrException</str>
<str
name="root-error-class">org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceNotFoundException</str>
</lst>
<str name="msg">
Error CREATEing SolrCore 'newcore': Unable to create core [newcore] Caused
by: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath or
'/Users/karlapudis/TrySolr/solr-6.3.0/server/solr/newcore'
</str>
<int name="code">400</int>
</lst>
</response>

Is is because the new configSet directory is not under {solr.solr.home} ?
Is there a way to add this new configSetBaseDir to classpath?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Changing "configSetBaseDir" leads to, Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath error while creating core

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Works for me if I camel-case configset, i.e. configSet. Is this a
misunderstanding on your part or are there  docs with it all lowercase
that we should fix? See:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Config+Sets

I did get the same error you did with an all lower-case 'configset'.

Best,
Erick