Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by bruce <be...@earthlink.net> on 2005/03/12 22:50:03 UTC

subversion on FC2/FC3

hi...

i'm trying to install subversion on redhat FC2. i've used the redhat/fedora
rpms for subversion, and i'm running into conflicts....

it seems to be looking for libcom_err.so.3.. i can only see a
libcom_err.so.2 on my system...

can someone tell me the version of rpms you used if you're using FC2. the
weird thing is that the libcom_err.so.3 was used in RH8 which was what i had
before... i'm curious as to if i still have remnants of the old subversion
on my system.

i've tried to clean out any dirs i had for the old RH8 subversion.

any ideas/thoughts/things i can check???

thanks

bruce

Re: subversion on FC2/FC3

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
bruce wrote:
> max...
>
> by the way.. i checked out the link on the subversion site to the binaries
> for subversion. there is no version for FC2!!!! only for FC1/3. maybe i
> need
> to go to FC3...

If you had read the line immediately below that link, you would have seen:
"Binary RPM packages for Fedora Core 2 and Fedora Core 3 are already
available in those distributions."

And if you had actually looked in the fedora-3 direcory, you would have seen
that there are no Subversion RPMs there.

Frankly, I think it looks like your current installation is sufficiently
messed up that you should do a clean reinstall from scratch.

Max.

RE: subversion on FC2/FC3

Posted by Mark Menke <su...@porksoda.com>.
> max...

>> and this is the crux of my issue.. i downloaded the rpms from both the
>> fedora/wieer repos...

I've had good luck running the rpms from
http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/subversion/

RE: subversion on FC2/FC3

Posted by bruce <be...@earthlink.net>.
max...

by the way.. i checked out the link on the subversion site to the binaries
for subversion. there is no version for FC2!!!! only for FC1/3. maybe i need
to go to FC3...

thanks...

bruce

Posted by bruce <be...@earthlink.net>.
i did!!!

i got the FC2 rpms from redhat... after i got the err msg, i got the rpms
from wieers. my issue is that i don't know if there's something that's added
the libcom_err.so.3 file to my system, although i can't seem to find it, or
if the RPMs are 'broke', and they're actually requiring it...

i can't seem to find anything on my system that 'uses' the libcom_err.so.3
file. i suspect that something is still on my system from the previous
svn/subversion install.... but i don't know what, nor do i know how to find
it..

thanks

bruce

Re: subversion on FC2/FC3

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.

RE: subversion on FC2/FC3

Posted by bruce <be...@earthlink.net>.
max...

and this is the crux of my issue.. i downloaded the rpms from both the
fedora/wieer repos...

i've done a 'find . -name sv* from the root (/) dir, and all i find is the
./svnroot.

any idea as to what i might have laying around that's causing me the
conflict issue..

thanks..

bruce

Re: subversion on FC2/FC3