Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/16 19:29:45 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] SSI "exec cmd=" vis-à-vis Apache+Tomcat/mod_jk i ssue

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:27:44 -0500, Joel Parramore <pa...@homes.com> wrote:

> <!--#exec cmd="/path/to/headerfooterscript --showheader"à

>      (2)No such file or directory: change of working directory failed

> Now, one odd thing is that doing this works if I use "#exec cgi" or
> "#include virtual" commands in the JSP output instead of "#exec cgi" (using
> either of those is undesirable for other reasons right now), it works --- I
> get the output from a test script or file included in the output from the
> JSP.
>

> The other odd thing is that if I write a plain CGI script (Perl in this
> case) to return as output the header/footer includes using the "#exec cmd"
> syntax, it also works --- no "(2)No such file or directory: change of
> working directory failed" messages.  Debugging shows that the value for the
> working directory is being set correctly for all the working cases.

I don't know the answer to your problem, but a couple
gueses/suggestions:  Could it be an issue with passing arguments?
Have you tried replacing your exec cmd with
/path/to/footerheaderscript-showheader (another script that simply
executes your script with the correct arguments)?

Joshua.

RE: [users@httpd] SSI "exec cmd=" vis-à-vis Apache+Tomcat/mod_jk issue

Posted by Joel Parramore <pa...@homes.com>.
> I don't know the answer to your problem, but a couple
> gueses/suggestions:  Could it be an issue with passing arguments?
> Have you tried replacing your exec cmd with
> /path/to/footerheaderscript-showheader (another script that simply
> executes your script with the correct arguments)?

As using the arguments does work for the plain CGI script, I don't know why
it wouldn't work for the output from the JSP, but I'll try it ---thanks.

I have tried putting the "exec cmd" directive into an HTML page, including
an SSI directive in the JSP output for the HTML page instead of the "exec
cmd", and Apache will process the HTML file for the "exec cmd" and run it
properly.  However, that's another workaround that I want to avoid if I can.

Regards,
Joel