Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Deva Pitchai(NatureSoft)" <de...@naturesoft.net> on 2006/03/28 12:31:25 UTC

[IE Crashes]

Hi group...

Any idea at which stage, will the browser(IE or Moz) crashes when
handling a jsp application.

how many lines a browser can handle, without a crash?

is there any limitation of the web page size?

any thoughts appreciated.

Deva.

Re: [IE Crashes]

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
for Moz, you can go to the mozilla bugtrack to get a list of existing
browser bugs.
For ie, you might need to get the releas note of each ie patch released
by microsoft.

There is no maximum size supported by browser. However, the most you put
in the html, the slowest browsr will be at the rendering and the most
memory it will require. As an example, we have a web application here
which can output a full server history. This is about a 10M html file
with lots of table. IE took about 30 minute render it, moz about 3
minutes. In general, i'll recommend outputing a page, not a book :)