Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Julien Martin <ba...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/17 15:26:56 UTC

Question about exploded war archive and running application

Hello,

I have a running web application in production under Tomcat. I would like to
alter one of the configuration files (ehcache.xml) of the exploded war
archive and restart tomcat without uploading a new war.

My question is: if I restart Tomcat will it redeploy the original war - in
which case my new configuration will be overwritten - or will Tomcat use the
already exploded war and read my altered configuration file?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Julien.

P.S. For your information I use Tomcat 6.0 without any cluster.

Re: Question about exploded war archive and running application

Posted by Julien Martin <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thanks André.
I'll try and use the Tomcat manager instead of restarting Tomcat.
J.

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.