Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Scott Polk <sc...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/08 19:52:41 UTC

Read MS Word 2003 Bookmarks in Tables

This is my second attempt to get a response (positive or negative) to my
problem (original post
here<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-user/201201.mbox/%3c1328037064994-5445488.post@n5.nabble.com%3e>
).

The problem is that I am trying to read bookmarks in a MS Word 2003
document using HWPF.  The document contains tables with multiple cells.  In
most cases, the table cell is bookmarked rather than the text inside of the
cell (see http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/file/n5445488/TestDoc.pngfor
an example).  When I try to retrieve the bookmark's range for a
bookmarked cell, it returns the range for the entire table row rather than
the range for the table cell.  If I try to retrieve the bookmark's range
for the bookmarked text, it works properly.  Is this a bug in HWPF, or am I
doing something wrong in my code (code can be viewed
here<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-user/201201.mbox/%3c1328037064994-5445488.post@n5.nabble.com%3e>
)?

Can anyone please help me with this?  I can provide my test document if
anyone is interested in trying to help me sort this out.