Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Uwe Guenther <uw...@cscc.de> on 2001/09/23 00:38:26 UTC

Default Appender

Hello at Log4j,

I read a liitle in the mail archive, but it seems that
there is no solution that matches to my problem.

I write a cryptographic service provider for the Sun JCE.
The service providers are only a package of classes that
will be invoked through the JCE API, but not through the
user. If I do logging in my class with a test main in
these class, that contains the appender initialization,
all logging works fine, but if I remove the main and
use my provider through the jce the two error messages
will occur, described in TROUBLESHOOT.html as the first
entry. :)

So my question:

Can I do some initialization that anyone can use my
provider in conjunction with log4j without logging.

But on the other hand it should be possible to enable
logging at some point in the app that uses my provider.

--
Best regards Uwe