Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com> on 2005/10/21 11:19:00 UTC

Re: Problem with M2

Sun jars like servletapi and jta are not in central repo...

you should download them from sun website and install in your repo using
install:install-file.

The download of artifacts is not sorted in any way so each run, you
download of artifacts is different.  The build will download artifacts
until it reaches the sun jar and then fails.

Re: Problem with M2

Posted by Ross Bamford <ro...@roscopeco.co.uk>.
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:42:22 +0100, Ross Bamford <ro...@roscopeco.co.uk>
wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a workaround, short of manually finding and
> installing the missing jars?

Okay I think I found what I need now in the docs, and I can manually do
the remainder. I wasn't fully appreciating the impact of transitive
dependencies - still thinking Maven 1 :)

Thanks again,
Ross

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.remove.co.uk

Re: Problem with M2

Posted by Ross Bamford <ro...@roscopeco.co.uk>.
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:28:50 +0100, Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>
wrote:

> Hmmmm
>

> icu4j is not in central repo... the name could be incorrect or the
> developers have not given their artifacts yet.

That's what I guessed. So the question is - is everyone who installs M2 on
a fresh machine seeing the same thing?
Can anyone suggest a workaround, short of manually finding and installing
the missing jars? Should I wait for the repo to be updated? Can I not use
the M1 repo with M2? I could do with getting it going because we want to
look into a M2 version of the Java.net plugin, and I have next week free.

Re: Problem with M2

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
Hmmmm

Re: Problem with M2

Posted by Ross Bamford <po...@roscopeco.co.uk>.

Re: Problem with M2

Posted by Ross Bamford <ro...@roscopeco.co.uk>.
(apologies if this post is duped - I sent from incorrect address first
time and it didn't come up)

wrote:

> Sun jars like servletapi and jta are not in central repo...
>
> you should download them from sun website and install in your repo using
> install:install-file.

Thanks for your help! My project doesn't use Servlet API of any
description, so it must be a plugin dep. In that case it looks like
someone's f****d up somewhere, because Servlet 2.3 _is_ distributed (I
assume so - it's in my M2 repo already). Maybe someone's updated their
plugin to Servlets 2.4 and not told anyone?

Anyway, I've done as you suggested (actually just got it from M1 on
ibiblio), but the other Jars I mentioned are
now stopping the build. The session is pretty much exactly as below,
except that the fatal error now mentions "icu4j:icu4j:2.6.1:jar"

> The download of artifacts is not sorted in any way so each run, you
> download of artifacts is different.  The build will download artifacts
> until it reaches the sun jar and then fails.

I see. Makes sense :)

Thanks again,
Ross