Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch> on 2002/11/04 15:45:38 UTC

Re: on the SVG tool post from Betrand [OT]

(sorry about being OT, the discussion started on cocoon-dev and magically
moved here ;-)

On Monday 04 November 2002 15:38, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>. . .
> Ok. I think there must be some misunderstanding here since I didn't read
> Bertrand's original post and so don't know exactly what he's looking for.
>. . .

I was talking about allowing *editable drawings* to work on concepts and
design on the wiki, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103622657919912&w=2

>. . .Note : I don't want to start a SVG against Flash flame, but just show
> that in an XML world, SVG rocks on the client side if you accept to use
> Adobe's plugin.
>. . .

Which does not exist for Linux IIRC?

I'd go for a JDK 1.1 applet if possible. "Universal accesibility" is more
important than SVG in this case I think, see my notes
at http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=GraphicalWikiDream

-Bertrand

Re: on the SVG tool post from Betrand [OT]

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>(sorry about being OT, the discussion started on cocoon-dev and magically
>moved here ;-)
>
>On Monday 04 November 2002 15:38, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>. . .
>>Ok. I think there must be some misunderstanding here since I didn't read
>>Bertrand's original post and so don't know exactly what he's looking for.
>>. . .
>>

>I was talking about allowing *editable drawings* to work on concepts and
>design on the wiki, see
>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103622657919912&w=2

Well, I know of TWiki's drawing plugin, but it's already mentioned on
the Cocoon wiki.

Yes it does ! Check out http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html

>I'd go for a JDK 1.1 applet if possible. "Universal accesibility" is more
>important than SVG in this case I think,

I agree with this, even if IMHO SVG _will_ become more and more "universal".

>see my notes
>at http://outerthought.net/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=GraphicalWikiDream

The refresh rate of this page is amazing !

Sylvain