Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Flavio Donzé <fl...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/20 11:14:16 UTC

Smart Versioning of dirty/unchanged Nodes

Hello

I have a question about how Jackrabbit handles dirty/unchanged files.

Let’s say I have the following structure:

ROOT

+ documents

++ 123

+++ doc1.doc

+++ doc2.doc

The 123 Node is versionable.

Now if I make changes on doc1.doc and checkin the Node 123, will Jackrabbit
also make a copy of doc2.doc? Since doc2.doc didn’t change, version 1.0 and
1.1 would have the same content.

Greets

Flavio

-----

Flavio Donzé

Software Engineer

My Blog:  http://swissdev.blogspot.com/

Re: Smart Versioning of dirty/unchanged Nodes

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Flavio Donzé <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So if doc1.doc and doc2.doc are file Nodes containing binary data of a MS
> Word document, doc1.doc 1.0 and 1.1 will be different in the repository and
> doc2.doc 1.0 and 1.1 will "link" to the same binary data?

Exactly. But note that this only works when you use the data store
feature. Without it you'll get separate copies of the same binary
values.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

AW: Smart Versioning of dirty/unchanged Nodes

Posted by Flavio Donzé <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jukka

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure if I got it right.