Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/20 11:56:33 UTC

Website migration

Hi guys,

FYI, Pierre-Arnaud has started to experiment around the Apache CMS tools
in order to comply with the fact we have to stop using Confluence as our
base for the Directory website. You probably noticed that he created a
branch for that.

The idea is to move all what we have on various confluence spaces and
are related to the website, while keeping Confluence as a wiki for
everything related to the project developments.

Any comments and thoughts are welcomed !

Note : I'll be almost MIA this week-end, as I'm going to be in the far
west of France, with barely no internet connection (Normandy is well
known to be similar to North Korea when it comes to intenet connection... ;)

Have fun !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Website migration

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi guys,

I have asked the ASF Infra to setup our svnpubsub on a staging site for testing purposes:

A new SVN project location has been created for the website at:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/site/

The content of the website is in the trunk sub-folder.

What happens is, every time a commit is made in this area, the website bot will checkout the modifications, generate the website and update it on the staging URL:
http://directory.staging.apache.org

I will try to migrate pages as I go along in the following weeks.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Re: Website migration

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.