Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Robert Cheal <ch...@speakeasy.org> on 2000/07/18 00:59:11 UTC

Re: Schema parsing in C++

Is that a couple of months from now or a couple of months from when the Java
parser 2.0 release?

Training Material XML, XercesC XercesJ ??

Posted by Michael Schneider <Mi...@sdrc.com>.
Does anyone know of good training material for:

XML (general overview)

XSL (general overview)

Cocoon

XercesJ

XercesC

xml-rpc

We are starting to create a course, but do not wish  to re-invent

the wheel.

We are using the great book "Java and XML" by Brett McLaughlin for

the course reference.  I will summarize to these lists what I find out.

Thanks,

Mike

Michael L. Schneider                      Email: Michael.Schneider@sdrc.com
Structural Dynamics Research Corp         Tel:   (513) 576-2935
Milford OH, 45150                         Group: Software Process Group

  "The best performance improvement is the transition from the
   nonworking state to the working state" - John Ousterhout

Re: Schema parsing in C++

Posted by Joe Polastre <jp...@apache.org>.
Hopefully around the same time that Xerces2 is finalized and released.  But
that could definitely take a few months.

I can't make an promises.  There are people working on implementing schema
as it exists in the current Xerces-J sourcebase.  There are >3 people
working on the java schema implementation full time.  So if you'd like to
help out with the C++ implementation or know of anyone that would, please
tell them to get involved with the project.

Basically, unless the Xerces-C Apache project gets more help, it won't be
done for months.

-Joe Polastre  (jpolast@apache.org)
IBM Cupertino, XML Technology Group