Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Besite - Bart <ba...@besite.be> on 2004/07/11 21:23:28 UTC

beanMapping question

Hello people,

I’m having problems with beanMapping. My problem is the following :

● I have a JavaBean-class Response.java residing in package
com.mydomain.mybeans

● The beanmapping in my .wsdd file looks like this :

   <beanMapping qname="ns:Response" languageSpecificType="java:com.mydomain.
mybeans.Response"

                         xmlns:ns="http://mydomain.com"/>

● I deployed my service succesfully and the .wsdl file looks like I
expected.

● To test my service in a client I tried to generate the stub classes using
WDSL2Java :

java -classpath $CLASSPATH org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java
http://mydomain.com:8080/axis/services/MyService?wsdl

At this point something stranges happens. In the generated stub classes
(MyService.java),

my methods are defined like this :

public com.mydomain.Response adduser(java.lang.String username) throws java.
rmi.RemoteException;

The package name for the Response-object is “com.mydomain” instead of
“com.mydomain.mybeans” that I expected ?

It seems like WDSL uses the xlmns-namespace defined in the beanmapping-tag
for the package name of the returned Bean-object type.

Is this right and does this make sense ?

I hope someone understands my question and has an explanation…

Bart,

Leuven (Belgium)