Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Aaron Kimball <ak...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/19 21:07:18 UTC

Next SF HUG: June 8, at RichRelevance

We had a great time after the Cloudera hackathon last week with our monthly
SF Hadoop User Group meetup. I'd like to thank Cloudera again for hosting
such a successful event.

Our next meetup will be held Wednesday, June 8, from 6pm to 8pm.

This meetup will be hosted by our friends at RichRelevance. Their office is
at 275 Battery St. #1150, though we'll be using their 9th floor conference
space.

As usual, we will use the discussion-based "unconference" format. At the
beginning of the meetup we will collaboratively construct an agenda
consisting of several discussion breakout groups. All participants may
propose a topic and volunteer to facilitate a discussion. All Hadoop-related
topics are encouraged, and all members of the Hadoop community are welcome.

Event schedule:

   - 6pm - Welcome
   - 6:30pm - Introductions; start creating agenda
   - Breakout sessions begin as soon as we're ready
   - 8pm - Conclusion

Food and refreshments will be provided, courtesy of RichRelevance.

If you're going to attend, please RSVP at http://bit.ly/kxaJqa.

Hope to see you all there!
- Aaron Kimball