Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by cdr53x <cd...@free.fr> on 2010/07/01 01:54:00 UTC

wiki page "installing on ubuntu"

Hi,

Maybe the wiki page should mention that the
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/xulrunner.conf file must be manually changed whenever
the xulrunner libs are updated ... ( for instance in the yesterday's
ubuntu 10.04 update )

I know it seems obvious, but we're so used to the fact that the conf
files are managed by dpkg that it's very easy to forget ...

Re: wiki page "installing on ubuntu"

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 4 Jul 2010, at 14:59, cdr53x wrote:

> On 07/01/2010 02:18 AM, Wendall Cada wrote:
>>
>> You can create an account and change it. :)
> Done, added "system update" section in the additional notes ;)

Looks good, thanks :)

Cheers
Jan

Re: wiki page "installing on ubuntu"

Posted by cdr53x <cd...@free.fr>.

Posted by Wendall Cada <we...@83864.com>.
On 06/30/2010 04:54 PM, cdr53x wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe the wiki page should mention that the
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/xulrunner.conf file must be manually changed
> whenever the xulrunner libs are updated ... ( for instance in the
> yesterday's ubuntu 10.04 update )
>
> I know it seems obvious, but we're so used to the fact that the conf
> files are managed by dpkg that it's very easy to forget ...

You can create an account and change it. :)

Also, there are several other issues with the documentation provided for
Ubuntu. I haven't taken the time to install and figure it out myself, so
I'd probably do more harm than good with the wiki information.

Wendall