Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com> on 2014/06/16 05:47:17 UTC

[Discuss] Python cartridge agent for Stratos

Hi Devs,

We have discussed about the importance of a light weight cartridge agent in
several mail threads since existing agent had been written in Java and
running a Java runtime inside a cartridge instance is a performance
overhead as well as a costly operation. Here I would like to initiate that
(writing a Python based cartridge agent) with the requirements which mainly
required for it.

First of all we have to implement Python clients for the communication
mechanisms used in agent. Cartridge agent mainly use two communicate
mechanisms,

   1. Communicate with Complex Event Processor using thrift
   2. Communicate with Message Broker using AMQP

To full fill the requirement #1, we have to write a python thrift client
and I'm currently working on it.

Highly appreciate your thoughts on this.

*Dinesh Bandara*
Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

Re: [Discuss] Python cartridge agent for Stratos

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Good work Dinesh.

--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer
WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com
lean. enterprise. middleware

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com
phone: +94 71 443 6897

Re: [Discuss] Python cartridge agent for Stratos

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Great work Dinesh !!!

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Great work Dinesh..!