Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/27 17:40:11 UTC

[SOURCE]: build errors on MacOS

Hi,

I thought it can be useful to do a build on MacOS to ensure that it sill
works on this platform ...

The latest fixes for FreeBSD in coinmp break the build ... When I have
more time I will try to fix it. I would recommend to be careful with
fixes for not release relevant platforms.

Juergen

Re: [SOURCE]: build errors on MacOS

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 1:11 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/07/15 02:06, Jose R R wrote:
>> Niltze, Jürgen-
>>

>> Building on Debian AMD66, after resolving multiple issues, build --all
>> *always* halts "at recompile with -fPIC"

>>> I reverted the changes on the coinmp patch file for testing and trunk
>>> built successful. The AOO410 branch had also problems and the file
>>> set_soenv.in from trunk have to be merged on the branch. The build is
>>> ongoing ...
>>>
>>> I updated also the 2 Centos VM's used to build Linux. After the update
>>> both have problems with Java. It seems the update replaced Java and
>>> configure has now problems to find a proper one. I will take a closer
>>> look on i when I have time.
>>
>> [...]
>> /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/CxxObject/svx/source/fmcomp/fmgridif.o:
>> In function `FmXGridControl::createPeer(com::sun::star::uno::Reference<com::sun::star::awt::XToolkit>
>> const&, com::sun::star::uno::Reference<com::sun::star::awt::XWindowPeer>
>> const&)':
>> fmgridif.cxx:(.text+0x68b2): undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk
>> to WindowListenerMultiplexer::acquire()'
>> /usr/bin/ld: /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/CxxObject/svx/source/fmcomp/fmgridif.o:
>> relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol
>> `_ZThn48_N25WindowListenerMultiplexer7acquireEv' can not be used when
>> making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>> /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
>> make: *** [/apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/LinkTarget/Library/libsvxcore.so]
>> Error 1
>> /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:259: recipe for
>> target /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/LinkTarget/Library/libsvxcore.so'
>> failed
>> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>> rm /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/solver/420/unxlngx6.pro/workdir/ExternalHeaders/Library/libxcr.so
>> dmake:  Error code 2, while making 'all'
>>
>> 2 module(s):
>>         odk
>>         svx
>> need(s) to be rebuilt
>>
>> Reason(s):
>>
>> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/odk/pack/gendocu
>> ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /apacheooSRC/aoo/main/svx/prj
>>
>> When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build
>> by running:
>>
>>         build --from odk svx
>>
>> I tried editing LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh by modifying:
>>
>> ##CC="gcc"
>> CC="gcc -fPIC"
>>
>> But it 'bombs' earlier during the process.
>>

>> Any hints appreciated.
>
> on which Linux you are building? This is a different problem with the
> linker, I remember some issues with newer linkers in the past but can't
> remember exactly ....

Debian Stretch/Sid on AMD64 architecture. I began initially with Azul
Systems' Java Zulu 8 -- but have since downgraded to OpenJDK 6/7 to
satisfy OO build. Nevertheless, build does not go further than above
referenced error(s).

> I solved my Java problem by removing an empty directory which was
> referenced. Well configure is lazy here and don't further check if the
> found directory is usable or not ... This needs some further checks!
>
> Anyway after this and a new configure both Linux builds finished successful.
>
> MacOS is still having problems on the AOO410 branch where as trunk built
> successful.
>
> Juergen

Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: [SOURCE]: build errors on MacOS

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jose R R <Jo...@metztli-it.com>.
Niltze, Jürgen-

Building on Debian AMD66, after resolving multiple issues, build --all
*always* halts "at recompile with -fPIC"

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/07/15 17:40, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I thought it can be useful to do a build on MacOS to ensure that it sill
>> works on this platform ...
>>
>> The latest fixes for FreeBSD in coinmp break the build ... When I have
>> more time I will try to fix it. I would recommend to be careful with
>> fixes for not release relevant platforms.
>>
>> Juergen
>>

> I reverted the changes on the coinmp patch file for testing and trunk
> built successful. The AOO410 branch had also problems and the file
> set_soenv.in from trunk have to be merged on the branch. The build is
> ongoing ...
>
> I updated also the 2 Centos VM's used to build Linux. After the update
> both have problems with Java. It seems the update replaced Java and
> configure has now problems to find a proper one. I will take a closer
> look on i when I have time.

[...]
[...]

Best Professional Regards.

--
Jose R R
http://metztli.it

Re: [SOURCE]: build errors on MacOS

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 27/07/15 17:40, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought it can be useful to do a build on MacOS to ensure that it sill
> works on this platform ...
>
> The latest fixes for FreeBSD in coinmp break the build ... When I have
> more time I will try to fix it. I would recommend to be careful with
> fixes for not release relevant platforms.
>
> Juergen

I reverted the changes on the coinmp patch file for testing and trunk
built successful. The AOO410 branch had also problems and the file
set_soenv.in from trunk have to be merged on the branch. The build is
ongoing ...

I updated also the 2 Centos VM's used to build Linux. After the update
both have problems with Java. It seems the update replaced Java and
configure has now problems to find a proper one. I will take a closer
look on i when I have time.

And I will start a Windows build later to see how this platform works
currently...

Juergen