Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by adamp <wa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/16 18:02:16 UTC

t:inputCalendar not rendering images when IBM WebSeal is used to create a junction

We have produced an application that depends on JSF / MyFaces as the view /
controller framework. One of the bugs we see is that when we have an
inputCalendar defined on a page like the following:

 <t:inputCalendar id="startDate" monthYearRowClass="yearMonthHeader"
weekRowClass="weekHeader" popupButtonStyleClass="calendar"
            	currentDayCellClass="currentDayCell"
value="#{extractWrapper.schedule.dateRequested}" renderAsPopup="true"
            	popupDateFormat="MM/dd/yyyy" renderPopupButtonAsImage="true"
            	helpText="MM/DD/YYYY" displayValueOnly="true"/>

It renders just fine when deploying directly to WAS or Tomcat and when it is
accessed on the appserver directly. Unfortunately when deploying it in
staging and production all requests are proxied through TAM / WebSeal. So
the setup is to prepend an additional prefix on the url before the context
root called a junction. For example the resource loader link usually
resolves to the resource loader like this when the html is generated

/contextRoot/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.MyFacesResourceLoader/11715770/calendar.HtmlCalendarRenderer/images/calendar.gif

However webseal doesn't know how to route that request because it is not
associated with a junction which should be of the form:

/junction/contextroot/faces/myFacesExtensionResource/org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.util.MyFacesResourceLoader/11715770/calendar.HtmlCalendarRenderer/images/calendar.gif

I tried using imageLocation/styleLocation/javascriptLocation to override the
generated values with one that points to the junction location of the
resource loader however the changes don't seem to produce the desired
result. Does anyone know how to properly override the this value on this
component?

Thanks in advance for any help.