Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bob Byron <bb...@radit.com> on 2000/10/09 17:57:01 UTC

Virtual Hosting and Tomcat

Is there a good source for how to configure virtual hosts in Tomcat?
I believe mod_jk is required, am I correct?

Thank you,
Bob Byron
RAD Systems, Inc.
www.radit.com
(972)516-4256

RE: Virtual Hosting and Tomcat

Posted by Mike Bremford <mi...@paperx.com>.
Hi Bob

If you're using Tomcat 3.2, the documentation has been updated in CVS. You
might want to get the latest Tomcat-Apache Howto from CVS (just follow the
"CVS Repositories" link from the Tomcat home page).

Cheers... Mike

Posted by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net>.
Me answering this doesn't mean I want other people to post their
questions twice ;)

Here is only an idea:

vhost site1.
 *.jsp to hidden/site2/*.jsp

vhost site2.
 *.jsp to hidden/site2/*.jsp

vhost sitehidden.
 *.jsp to tomcat

Using mod_rewrite, this takes about one minute to setup.  I did this as a
hack when tomcat docs said it was impossible.  This has the
characteristics that you asked for.

It works very well for me.

Kenneth Topp