Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2013/04/03 20:49:54 UTC

Marketing activity - help/feedback needed

Hey devs,

So, I'm starting to add marketing activity to the release procedure, and
also some of these roundups I am doing.

(I am actually in the process of gradually turning these weekly roundups
into something I might call "Weekly CouchDB News" or whatever... More to
come on that.)

I am hoping to collect some feedback from y'all. What communities do we
want to market to? (Or what channels do we want to market through?)

So far, I have:

 * Twitter
 * Hacker News
 * Reddit
 * Google+

Is there anything I am missing?

As for Reddit, we seem to have http://www.reddit.com/r/CouchDB but it looks
unmaintained. Should I continue to post here? Would we be
better publicising announcements to /r/programming or some such?

NS