Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Victor Rodriguez <vr...@digitalglobe.com> on 2016/05/12 21:42:30 UTC

[net] FTPClient retrieveFile doesn't finish

?Hi!

I'm having an issue where sometimes FTPClient.retrieveFile doesn't finish and it doesn't timeout either.

ftpClient.enterLocalPassiveMode();
ftpClient.setControlKeepAliveTimeout(60);
ftpClient.setControlKeepAliveReplyTimeout(60000);
ftpClient.setDataTimeout(60000);
ftpClient.setBufferSize(8256000);
ftpClient.setReceiveBufferSize(8256000);
ftpClient.setReceieveDataSocketBufferSize(8256000);

The BufferedOutputStream I'm using is defined as follows...

outputStream = new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(localFile), 8256000);

What I'm doing is connecting, logging in, transferring a bunch of files one at a time, logging out, disconnecting.  Is there any way I can prevent retrieveFile from hanging or make it so that retrieveFile times out after a while so that I can try again?  If there is no configurable timeout, what strategies are people using to interrupt the call to retrieveFile and try again?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Victor

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of DigitalGlobe, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received.

DigitalGlobe reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents or representatives.