Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/26 09:22:03 UTC

issue with highlighting in solr 4.10.2

Hi,

When highlighting hits for the following query:

(+Contents:apple +Contents:watch) Contents:iphone

I expect the standard solr highlighter to highlight either iphone or iphone
AND apple, only if watch is present.

However, solr highlights iphone along with only apple. Is this a bug or a
known feature? Is there any way to debug the highlighter using solr admin?

--
Dmitry Kan
Luke Toolbox: http://github.com/DmitryKey/luke

Re: issue with highlighting in solr 4.10.2

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,

The Contents field contains one sentence only and no "watch" exists in it.
Plus we use quite large snippet size to surely cover the field.

Dmitry

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.