Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Trenton D. Adams" <tr...@athabascau.ca> on 2006/10/18 01:12:54 UTC

Commons Configuration XML problem

Hi guys,

I'm playing with commons-configuration.  It doesn't appear to be working
correctly.  it is loading my config file, as the getRootElementName()
does return the appropriate string.

The menus.menu.display log entries return null.  I've attached a sample
config.  Any help to shed light on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

      try
      {
          XMLConfiguration config = new XMLConfiguration(
              "/path/to/menu.xml");
          logger.info("File: " + config.getFileName());
          logger.info("root element: " + config.getRootElementName());
          logger.info("display:" +
config.getString("menus.menu(0).display"));
          logger.info("display:" + config.getString("menus.menu.display"));
          Collection collection =
(Collection)config.getProperty("menus.menu.display");
          if (collection != null)
          {
              logger.info("IT'S A COLLECTIONS");
              Iterator menus = collection.iterator();
              while (menus.hasNext())
              {
                  logger.info("menus." + menus.next());
              }
          }
      }
      catch(ConfigurationException cex)
      {
	// this reports NOTHING.  There appears to be no errors.
          logger.error("Configuration error: " + cex);
      }

__
---

Re: Commons Configuration XML problem