Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Brad Drake <br...@wildpackets.com> on 2002/07/31 20:31:56 UTC

new line problem

Hello,
    I have an xml document that I am trying to parse that contains a new
line character. For example:

    <xml>
        <char>&#10;</char>
    </xml>

I want the new line character that I pull from the document to be '\n' not
"\n". The problem is that the parser keeps pulling '\' then 'n'. I want the
character new line not the string "\n". I have tried a couple of things
including just replacing the string "\\n" when I see it but I would rather
avoid having to manually put in other characters that might come up. Any
help would be great. Thanks!!
    Brad