Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Harini P <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/07 11:23:10 UTC

Need help with James

Hi,
I just downloaded and configured James. I guess i have
not configured it correctly, because according to the
document when a new user is added - (I manually added
it in the conf file) there should be a node created
under the <Jamesdir>/var/localinbox. This is not
created for me. I tried sending a mail using JavaMail,
the mail reaches the folder outgoing in the ../var/
folder but when I try to read the mail through my
program using the JavaMail API

    Session session =
Session.getDefaultInstance(props,null);

    Store store = session.getStore("pop3");
     store.connect(host,"root", "root");

    Folder folder = store.getFolder("INBOX");
    System.out.println(folder.getMessages());

-- I get an authentication failed exception - what is
this ? I sure am missing something but what - please
let me know.
Thanks,
Harini.

Re: Need help with James

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
The conf file only contains users for the administrative functionality,
which is separate from mailbox delivery.  You'll either need to telnet to
port 4555, authenticate via the account in the conf file, and add users that
way, or setup the user repository to point to a database and use SQL to
create users (there isn't decent documentation on setting it up for database
use unfortunately).

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/

Re: James Mailets Classpath problem

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>.
On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Jacques Lema wrote:

> Hi I recently upgraded from James Release 1.2.1
>
> to this nightly build.
>
> james-1.3-dev-20010612-src.zip
>
> Everything looks fine, I recompiled my mailets and they function but... I
> just can't figure out how to add them to the classpath with the new run.sh
> script (on Linux). It looks like my -cp /path/blbalnb/ is now being ignored?

Have you added your package names in the spoolmanager block? (in
james-config.xml)

<spoolmanager>
    <!-- number of spool threads -->
    <threads> 1 </threads>
    <mailetpackages>
      <mailetpackage>org.apache.james.transport.mailets.</mailetpackage>
      <mailetpackage><!-- your mailets path here --></mailetpackage>
    </mailetpackages>
    <matcherpackages>

<matcherpackage>org.apache.james.transport.matchers.</matcherpackage>

<matcherpackage><!-- your matchers path here; remember the trailing dot
--></matcherpackage>
    </matcherpackages>

Oki

James Mailets Classpath problem

Posted by Jacques Lema <ja...@link-u.com>.
Hi I recently upgraded from James Release 1.2.1

to this nightly build.

james-1.3-dev-20010612-src.zip

Everything looks fine, I recompiled my mailets and they function but... I
just can't figure out how to add them to the classpath with the new run.sh
script (on Linux). It looks like my -cp /path/blbalnb/ is now being ignored?

Right now all I could do was to copy them into the mailet-1.2.jar... it
works, but it's not hum.. classy.

BTW I use Sun's JDK 1.4 beta2

Thanks for your help

Jacques Lema, Designer at Link-u.com
++41 21 634 80 88
jacques@link-u.com
visit our flagship site: http://www.meet-u.com/

Re: Need help with James

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@pindad.com>.
Hi,

If everything is all right (having the mail and spool setup repositories
in a database), then all you need is to do:
select * from Message where repository_name = 'outgoing';
on the database client program.

Cheers,
Oki

Re: Need help with James