Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cuong Luu <cu...@kirona.com> on 2011/05/03 17:20:53 UTC

Maven/Eclipse - Failed to read artifact descriptor

Hi,
I'm am trying to use Eclipse M2 plugin to manage my project dependencies.
This is what I have done thus far.

1) Used mvn deploy:deploy file to deploy third-party jars to a specific
repository, e.g. third-party
2) Used mvn deploy to deploy my project (with POM) to a specific repository,
e.g releases

Now there are about 50 projects all with dependencies on each other and
third party libs, and when I deploy them manually on there server everything
is successful.

Now on Eclipse, the idea is to just check out any project and use the M2
dependency manager to pull in the required dependencies from the above
mentioned repositories.

So, I check out a single project, and immediately I notice that the POM file
has an error
"Failed to read artifact descriptor for xxx"

Looking at the console it says
"Missing artifact xxx" for all my third party artifacts.

Then looking at my local repository, it has created a folder for each third
party artifact and has the pom within, but no jar file.

I feel that I'm missing an essential step somewhere......

Thanks in advance.
Cuong

Re: Maven/Eclipse - Failed to read artifact descriptor

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hello,
Regarding m2e, you should probably ask in m2e ml (see
http://eclipse.org/m2e/support/ )

--
Olivier Lamy
http://twitter.com/olamy