Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Suraj Nayak M <sn...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/11 16:50:15 UTC

How to run Ambari Server Locally

Hi All,

I want to run AmbariServer for local debugging. I tried the below process

I went through the
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Development
confluence page to see how I can develop or modify few components of
Ambari. I was able to get the *ambari-web *project running locally
(without backend running) successfully. However, I did not find how to
setup & run AmbariServer locally.
How can I run the *ambari-server *locally to test or debug the changes
in the code locally(through eclipse) ? I tried to run
the***org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer* with argument as
-Xms512m -Xmx1024m, but got errors. Eclipse log attached with this mail.

*ambari.properties* with following data :

/metadata.path=src/main/resources/stacks//
//server.version.file=target/version//
//server.jdbc.database=ambari//
//server.os_type=debian12//

/I tried jetty:run as goal for *ambari-server *maven project. It throws
error mentioned below :

/[ERROR] No plugin found for prefix 'jetty' in the current project and
in the plugin groups [org.apache.maven.plugins, org.codehaus.mojo]
available from the repositories [local (/home/snayakm/.m2/repository),
maven2-repository.dev.java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/2/),
maven2-glassfish-repository.dev.java.net
(http://download.java.net/maven/glassfish/), maven2-repository.atlassian
(https://maven.atlassian.com/repository/public), central
(http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2)] -> [Help 1]//
//
/Need help in running Ambari Server in local mode.

--
Suraj Nayak

Re: How to run Ambari Server Locally

Posted by Siddharth Wagle <sw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Suraj,

You can edit the /usr/sbin/ambari-server.py file on the VM running Ambari
server and search for START_CMD.

The debug instruction is just below it in the python script. Rename the
DEBUG_CMD to the start and the start to something else and restart the
ambari server.

You can then connect debugger from eclipse running on your local m/c.

-Sid

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: How to run Ambari Server Locally