Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Dave O'Flanagan <da...@boxever.com> on 2015/07/03 15:35:29 UTC

SparkR Interpreter

Hi,

Is there a SparkR interpreter in Zeppelin in the roadmap? It would be great
to have similar capability to the REPL provided by sparkR.sh from the Spark
distro.

Thanks,
Dave.

----
Dave O'Flanagan
CEO, Boxever
e: dave@boxever.com
t: +353 86 8518476
w: www.boxever.com

Re: SparkR Interpreter

Posted by fe...@hotmail.com.
By itself, you should be able to add just these calls to R to initialize SparkR (assuming Spark/SparkR 1.4.0+):

library(SparkR)

sc <- sparkR.init()

sqlContext <- sparkRSQL.init(sc)

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 5:03 AM -0700, "Eric Charles" <er...@apache.org> wrote:
Thx for the kind words Felix. Really appreciated!
I will come back asap with:

1. ZEPPELIN-154
2. SparkR with our zeppelin-R interpreter.

Re: SparkR Interpreter

On 2015-07-04 13:54, felixcheung_m@hotmail.com wrote:

> Very nice Eric. Interesting approach to use Rserve and knitr, which
> solve the ploting problem (Interesting projects at datalayer too)
>
> I've been working on the SparkR interpreter. There the challenges are
> getting it to work with Spark interpreter within Zeppelin. Would be
> interested in your thoughts.

Re: SparkR Interpreter

Posted by fe...@hotmail.com.

Re: SparkR Interpreter