Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "yoursoft@freemail.hu" <yo...@freemail.hu> on 2005/05/24 09:01:47 UTC

Re: [Nutch-general] RE: Please help: Tomcat problem, Paginating with optimization (Likegoggle)

Dear Chirag and Byron,

Thanks for suggestion, but I don't have any problem with other
applications under Tomcat. Problem is occured with only nutch.
There is free version of Resin, this is truly better than Tomcat?

Dear Chirag, You wrotte that, put 1G memory / 1 million pages to the
backend.
How to calculate the pages number in the segments?
If I use the 'bin/nutch segread -list' tool this is say a segment there
are 500000 pages in it.
If I use 'lukeall.jar' tool it is say there are 420105 records in that
segment.
If I use 'lukeall.jar' undelete function, there are 438000 records in
the same segments.
If I use websearch engine with searching for 'http', this says equal to
'lukeall.jar'.

What number to use to calculate pages / backend?

Thanks, Ferenc

Re: [Nutch-general] RE: Please help: Tomcat problem, Paginating with optimization (Likegoggle)

Posted by Byron Miller <By...@compaid.com>.
The famous quite is "Your mileage may vary". There is an open source
version of resin that you can run - caucho.com.

Like i said, i've been running nutch under resin for a LONG time. Under
tomcat i had issues after issues.