Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM> on 2006/09/12 14:44:01 UTC

Qilan and Derby manager (was: Re: Have you tried 10.2 beta?)

Stephen Caine wrote:
> Kathey,
>
> We are testing 10.2 beta with our Derby manager.  Our manager is built
> with AJAX and is part of our web development application, Qilan.  My
> first observation was that deleting a column was not supported (yet),
> but Bryan offered an explanation and timetable.
>
> Our manager can be used to execute raw SQL commands, start/stop Derby,
> create/delete databases/users, create/delete/modify/display tables and
> schema.  We have also have a nice GUI for displaying and editing table
> data.

Hello Stephen,

I tried downloading Qilan to try out the Derby manager. Is it only
available for Mac?

The file I downloaded (the only one available as far as I could see),
was a Mac image (.dmg). I know these supposedly can be converted to .iso
images and then I can mount/burn it, but that seems to be jumping
through a lot of hoops :)

regards,
--
Kristian

Re: Qilan and Derby manager (was: Re: Have you tried 10.2 beta?)

Posted by Stephen Caine <st...@commongrnd.com>.
Kristian,

The Qilan image file is designed for the Mac OS.  The Qilan Data Base
Manager (QDBM) is a web based tool built with AJAX.  We do not
provide this separately (yet).  QDBM is part of our Tomcat
installation.  I think it may be best for you to wait till we release
our next update (due in about a month or so).

So, in sum...  When you download Qilan, you get the Qilan Developer,
Tomcat, Derby, and QDBM.  All the configuration is done for you so
that the parts work together.

Sorry,