Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brad Stiles <br...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/08/11 17:06:16 UTC

svncopy.pl

Forgive me if this is an obvious thing to those of you who are *nix folks, but how do I get a usable copy of the svncopy.pl script that will run on Windows?  I've looked at the .in version in the repository, and that looks like one has to run configure against it in order to get a working version.

Nothing with the name "svncopy" exists in my svn installation, so I presume that this file isn't part of the Windows binary.

Have I interpreted that correctly? Is there a version of configure that runs on Windows, or is there a version already floating around somewhere that's already been "configured"?  If so, could someone please point me at it?

Brad

Re: svncopy.pl

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Aug 11, 2006, at 19:06, Brad Stiles wrote:

> Forgive me if this is an obvious thing to those of you who are *nix
> folks, but how do I get a usable copy of the svncopy.pl script that
> will run on Windows?  I've looked at the .in version in the
> repository, and that looks like one has to run configure against it
> in order to get a working version.
>
> Nothing with the name "svncopy" exists in my svn installation, so I
> presume that this file isn't part of the Windows binary.
>
> Have I interpreted that correctly? Is there a version of configure
> that runs on Windows, or is there a version already floating around
> somewhere that's already been "configured"?  If so, could someone
> please point me at it?

Yeah, the stuff in the contrib directory isn't a part of any binary
distribution, Windows or otherwise, AFAIK. But you don't need to run
configure; all it would do is rename the file and replace one string
in it, which you can easily do by hand.

According to http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-
side/svncopy.README :

Re: svncopy.pl

Posted by Robert Wenner <ro...@atsec.com>.
On Friday 11 August 2006 12:06, Brad Stiles wrote:
> Have I interpreted that correctly? Is there a version of configure that
> runs on Windows, or is there a version already floating around
> somewhere that's already been "configured"?  If so, could someone
> please point me at it?

In the source distribution, there is a svncopy.pl, as well as a README on
it, clarifying the use of the svncopy.pl.in file (it has nothing to do
with configure).

For Perl on Windows, you can either install cygwin or get Active State's
Perl.

Robert