Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2005/09/15 08:37:45 UTC

Re: Reg. Can not copy text content from PDF to another editors

(I'm replying to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org since this is the
right place to ask questions such as yours. Thanks for using fop-users@
next time.)

Please see the notes at:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fonts.html#embedding

This is a known problem in FOP which is likely to be addressed quite
soon now in the redesigned FOP. The only work-around right now is not to
use TrueType fonts if copy/paste is really important.

On 15.09.2005 07:09:08 Lalitha Prasad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have generated PDF documents using FOP-0.20.5. We have registered
> ArialUnicodeMS fonts with FOP.
>
> After implementing this feature we are not able to copy the text content
> from PDF to any editors.
>
> Why we are not able to paste the original text contents. Is it possible to
> do that?
>
> Anyone please help me.
>
> Regards,
> LALITH