Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Igor Vlasov <vi...@mail.ru> on 2007/10/15 08:30:12 UTC

Disable validate interceptor while executeAndWant in "wait" phase

Hello.

I recieve an validation exception while "wait" phase of executeAndWant.

My example:
<pre>
1.
<action name="someAction" class="com.examples.SomeAction">
    <interceptor-ref name="completeStack"/>
    <interceptor-ref name="execAndWait"/>
    <result name="wait">longRunningAction-wait.jsp</result>
    <result name="success">longRunningAction-success.jsp</result>
</action>
</pre>

2. longRunningAction-wait.jsp
<pre>
<%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="/struts" %>
  <head>
    <title>Please wait</title>
    !!!   <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5"/> !!!!!// without <a:url
includeParams="all" />
  </head>
    Please wait while we process your request.

</pre>

3. An long running action. LRAction

At first time, when i post data to LRAction, it does validation and start a
"background process" and display a "wait page".  then it calls LRAction in
refresh action and do not use any paramemers. This invoke validatotion and
therefore validatotion error.

I suggest to disable validation while "wait" phase is active.
Therefore we may not use <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=<a:url
includeParams="all" />"/>.

Re: Disable validate interceptor while executeAndWant in "wait" phase

Posted by Igor Vlasov <vi...@mail.ru>.
And i suggest exactly an enhancement of Struts itself !!

> I suggest to disable validation while "wait" phase is active.
> Therefore we may not use <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=<a:url
> includeParams="all" />"/>.

With best regards.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.