Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Mangano, Jonathan" <Jo...@team.telstra.com> on 2005/09/14 06:53:22 UTC

Missing log file entries

I currently have a problem when using a RollingLogFileAppender that is
causing us to lose log messages when a log file is rolled over. I am
using log4j in a high volume JEE application so there is a large number
of log messages been written to file. I have not explicitly defined
buffering or immediate flush parameters in the configuration so it
should be using the default, which by my understanding is immediateFlush
= true and buffering = false. I am using log4j 1.2.8.

My configuration is

log4j.appender.R.File=applicationLog.xml
log4j.appender.R.Threshold=INFO
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=5000KB
log4j.appender.R.MaxBackupIndex=100
log4j.appender.R.layout=org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout

Has anyone encountered this problem before and if so were you able find
a solution?

Thanks

Jonathan