Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Charles Griswold <cg...@logixpartners.com> on 2005/01/17 17:30:56 UTC

Stability Question

I've considering embedding FOP is a product I'm developing.
How stable and complete is the puppy?

--
Charles H. Griswold III
Managing Partner

Re: Stability Question

Posted by Manuel Mall <mm...@arcus.com.au>.
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 00:38, The Web Maestro wrote:
> Charles,
>
> I believe this is more a question for fop-user@xml.apache.org
>
> On Jan 17, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Charles Griswold wrote:
> > I've considering embedding FOP is a product I'm developing.
> > How stable and complete is the puppy?
>
> One of my clients found it stable enough to process 300,000+ bills per
> month. And it's complete enough for said client to do what it needs to
> do.
Continuing with the positive news I have a client who uses fop embedded
(within tomcat as well as a custom server application) since many years. We
have produced well over 4 million PDF files using fop in this embedded mode
without problems.

Manuel

Re: Stability Question

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
Charles,

I believe this is more a question for fop-user@xml.apache.org

On Jan 17, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Charles Griswold wrote:
> I've considering embedding FOP is a product I'm developing.
> How stable and complete is the puppy?

One of my clients found it stable enough to process 300,000+ bills per
month. And it's complete enough for said client to do what it needs to
do. Many of the areas which are not complete (e.g., keep-*, etc.) have
workarounds which can be implemented. All development has moved away
from the 'release' Maintenance version (fop-0.20.5) in favor of the CVS
TRUNK version (fop-1.0) to ensure all available resources go towards
the re-design. We welcome constructive assistance (i.e., HELP WANTED!!
:-p).

For more information about what's complete and what isn't, check out
the FOP Compliance page[1], which identifies 'level of compliance' (for
lack of a better term).

Good luck! and Welcome!

[1] FOP Compliance
http://xml.apache.org/fop/compliance.html