Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Keith Cassell <Ke...@ecs.vuw.ac.nz> on 2009/04/27 04:50:15 UTC

Refactoring JMeter

Let me re-introduce myself.  I was a JMeter committer back around 2002
or so.  My job responsibilities changed, so I faded away from the JMeter
scene.  Now, I've gone back to school to get my Ph.D.

My field of interest is semi-automated refactoring.  In other words, I'd
like to be able to detect and fix maintainability problems with limited
human interaction.  One of the things I was thinking about doing was
using JMeter as a testbed.  I'd use various tools to locate and fix
potential maintenance problems.  If I liked the result, I'd submit the
change to be committed.  If the current committers liked the changes,
the code could be checked in.

I'm not averse to being an active committer again, but maybe you'd like
to see the nature of my changes before you entrust me with the
responsibility.  :-)

Cheers,
Keith Cassell

Re: Refactoring JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
We have used Findbugs, which has helped in some areas, but there are
certainly still areas of code which are difficult to follow and
maintain, so if any improvements can be made to the JMeter code, then
that would be great.

As would having some more eyes on the code.

BTW, if you do want to become a committer again, it looks like there
is no ICLA on file for you so you would need to file one. [The
kcassell account is set up but currently disabled.]

Re: Refactoring JMeter

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
welcome back.