Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Niranjan Rao <nh...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/14 20:08:10 UTC

Wagon-ssh overwriting known_hosts file

Hi there,

I am using site-deploy in the hudson build to deploy generated
documents. I have setup the build machine properly does  password less
ssh/scp to required hosts properly if I login as hudson user.

However wagon-ssh insists on writing a new key to known_hosts during
build time. It's not just appending the key, but seems to be overwriting
the file as entries for other hosts vanishes.

This in turn forces next build to fail as git can not talk to the server
as it's ssh keys have disappeared from the known_hosts file

If I make known_hosts file readonly, build does fail as it can not write
to known_hosts file - even though it has no reason to write to hosts file.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Niranjan