Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chad Brandon <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/16 23:45:39 UTC

Complex parameters with arrays failing with 1.2-RC3

Hi,

I have a client application which sends some complex
value objects as parameters to some wrapped/literal
services.  These all worked fine in 1.2-RC1 and
1.2-RC2, however in RC3, I get the below stack trace.

I thought maybe the stubs were not in sync with the
WSDL (since I've seen this error before when that
wasn't the case), but I made sure I regenerated the
java2wsdl stubs with RC3.  I then also tried executing
the same thing through soap scope and got the same
error: "org.xml.sax.SAXException: Found character data
inside an array element while deserializing",.

After that, I tried going back to RC2 and things
worked fine as before.

Next I tried checking out the axis sources from CVS
and got the same error as below.

It seems to happen whenever the parameter has an array
within it.  Is this a know bug?

Thanks,

Chad

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Found character data inside
an array element while deserializing
       at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:221)
       at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:128)
       at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087)
       at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
Source)
       at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown
Source)
       at
Source)
       at
Source)
       at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
       at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown
Source)
       at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
       at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
       at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
       at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227)
       at
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696)
       at
org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:424)
       at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62)
       at
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206)
       at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2754)
       at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2737)
       at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2413)
       at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2336)
       at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1793)
       at
edu.duke.dcri.siteresearch.ws.SiteResearchServiceSoapBindingStub.updateStudy(SiteResearchServiceSoapBindingSt
ub.java:6281)

Re: Complex parameters with arrays failing with 1.2-RC3

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Chad,

Can you please compare the request/response pairs using RC2 and RC3
and post a bug report?

thanks,
dims