Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by John Bellone <jo...@flipsidesoftware.com> on 2007/10/22 02:18:06 UTC

Using just the Parser

(Sorry if this double posts.)

I am working on a project for college.

I wanted to know if there is a feasible way of utilizing the library to
just parse incoming (and build outgoing) XML-RPC messages. We already
have the skeleton of the server built and we want to be able to have
pluggable transport mechanisms instead of being tied down to just
XML-RPC. The point of the project is to be able to write support for a
different transport method and have the backend working seperately.

I want to be able to just load a plugin and automatically setup an
XML-RPC server. Now, I know that I could always use the full Apache
library but we want don't want to have to register the individual
methods through the Connection Manager.

We want to pass the XML-RPC call off to another service in the software
where it will handle dispatching the call and return the result of the
call (I don't want to have to register each individual method with the
Apache implementation, that's counter-productive).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
-John Bellone
john.bellone@flipsidesoftware.com