Posted to announce@apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@apache.org> on 2007/05/06 16:09:33 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] release of Anakia 1.0 and Texen 1.0

The Velocity developers are pleased to issue two new releases: Anakia
1.0and Texen
1.0.

Anakia is an XML text transformation tool based on Apache Velocity and
Apache Ant.  It provides an alternative to using Ant's <style> task and XSL
to process XML files. A common use of Anakia is to process xdoc files and
create site/project documentation.  More information on Anakia can be found
here:
http://velocity.apache.org/anakia/releases/anakia-1.0/

Texen is a general-purpose text generation utility, also based on Apache
Velocity and Apache Ant.  More information is here:
http://velocity.apache.org/texen/releases/texen-1.0/

Both Anakia and Texen were previously part of the core Velocity engine
distribution but have been split off into their own packages to simplify
maintenance and facilitate different release cycles.  To avoid namespace
conflict, org.apache.velocity .anakia has been moved to org.apache.anakiaand
org.apache.velocity.texen has been changed to org.apache.texen.

-- Will Glass-Husain

(on behalf of the Velocity developer community)

Fwd: [ANNOUNCEMENT] release of Anakia 1.0 and Texen 1.0

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Dear Torque-Developing Colleagues,

Wanted to call your attention to the following announcement.

We've just spun Texen off into its own release, with a new package:
org.apache.texen (instead of org.apache.velocity.texen).  The 1.0 release is
essentially identical to what was in Velocity 1.5.

I'd encourage you to shift your project to use Texen 1.0 and Velocity
1.5instead of Velocity
1.3.1.  There's a couple of outstanding enhancement requests for Texen in
JIRA -- we hope that by moving Texen to a separate product it will make it
easier to add those features and release.

Cheers,
WILL

--
Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Fwd: [ANNOUNCEMENT] release of Anakia 1.0 and Texen 1.0