Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Mark Brucks <br...@j3s.us> on 2003/03/07 20:31:53 UTC

createAttributeNS question

The archive is unavailable, so I don't know if this has been discussed
before.

Can someone tell me the difference between the 2-arg and 3-arg versions
of CoreDocumentImpl.createAttributeNS and createElementNS, and how the
values for the arguments affect what is created when a namespace is
declared.  I'm creating a document from scratch (using createDocument,
createAttributeNS and createElementNS).  I'm getting what appears to be
inconsistent results (some elements but not all get "xmlns" namespace
attributes, or some attributes get spurious namespace prefixes).

If there is more current documentation, can someone point me to it.  Thanks

Mark